Gulph Creek Hotels Distressed Hotel & Workout Strategies
Gulph Creek Hotels has more than 15 years experience working with lenders and distressed hotels – performing workouts, opinions of value, market studies and serving as a receiver and management company throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. We are successful because we have experience, operational acumen, talented managers and a straightforward, honest approach to managing each property in our portfolio. If you are seeking a company that will be responsive to your needs and concerns, it may be time to work with a hands-on hotel operator that consistently achieves the desired result.
Our due diligence and takeover plan typically consists of the sequential steps presented below.
- Determine the best plan to maximize the potential return to the bank or special servicer.
- Forbearance agreement, receivership in place.
- Takeover of management (after obtaining waiver of lender liability) or foreclosure.
- Determine ability of the hotel or motor inn to service debt or generate cash flow in the short or long term.
- Assess conditin of books and records, implement internal controls, cash handling procedures and clear and timely reporting through our centralized accounting structure.
- Evaluate physical condition of the property relative to the competitve edge or maintain the current franchise affiliation.
- Determine whether the existing franchise is adequate for the market and the hotel, repair or replace brand relationship.
- Develop operations team and implement operations, sales and marketing plans.
- Work with lender and broker to execute disposition strategy.
We recognize that you have a number of options with regards to the hotel management company specialist you select. Gulph Creek is different from the large national companies because we have the expertise and resources of a large company and single asset focus to customize solutions owner/lender needs and expectations. Becasue we are concerned with each critical operational detail, our hotels consistently achieve RevPAR Indexes, Gross Profit margins and Quality Scores above the competitive market. Our success is founded on these core strengths:
- Proactive and determined – We won’t just babysit your hotel, we will secure and clean up the asset, drive revenues, streamline operations and maximize value.
- Market leaders – Your asset will be a part of a highly competitive hotel portfolio focused on making your hotel asset a winner.
- Hand on – We are a smaller owner-operated company with two company principals serving as points of contact for you and the asset.
- Well respected – We are an approved Operator with all major brands – Marriott, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Starwood and Choice, as well as independent hotels. Gulph Creek Hotels with 350 employees was named as one of the Best Places to Work in the Philadelphia region by the Philadelphia Business Journal in 2010 and 2011.
- Experienced – We are an experienced receiver with a strong takeover and distressed hotel management track record. We currently operate two lender-owned hotels.
- Strategic partner – We bring strong valuation, market study and hotel consulting experience to determine and support the best course of action for the asset.
At Gulph Creek Hotels – We are Passionately Committed to Great Partnerships with our owners, employees and guests. We will focus our attention on you, your asset and your concerns.
Interested in what Gulph Creek can do for you? Contact Derek Sylvester at